Friday, October 17, 2008

Almost the Weekend

After four days of computer training here at work, I'm going to be trying to catch up on all the stuff I needed to do this week. Between being out for Hurricane Ike and then this training, I am wondering if I'll ever catch up either at work or at home.

At any rate, most of this weekend will be dedicated to dealing with stuff around the house and getting ready for our annual pumpkin carving party. We've been hosting this party since we moved into our house about 10 years ago. It became an immediate tradition in the neighborhood and I am not allowed to change the menu or anything else about the party. It's always held on the Sunday evening before Halloween, which this year is a bit of  a problem.  Since we live in Houston, carved pumpkins typically only last two days in our weather before turning into a mushy mess. But when I told my neighbors I might skip this year, they promptly made it clear that wasn't an option. So off we go again. And it is fun, even though it is a lot of work. See, we not only carve pumpkins, but I serve everyone supper. And I make all the food from scratch. So, lots of cooking and baking will be going on over the next week. And it's all worth it because it makes people happy.

No comments: