Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Kitchen and Den Finally got Painted

I did get the kitchen and den painted. It was a hellish job, punctuated by complete exhaustion, a rather icky case of food poisoning, and issues with my spouse. But it was all worth it, because I no longer hate the way these two rooms look. They are light and 'happy.' None of this would have been possible without the help of my daughters and one of their friends. They worked so hard to make this happen. To give an idea of the scale of this project, we removed wallpaper, primed cabinets and paneling, removed 43 cabinet doors and all the hardware on them, then installed new hardware on the cabinet doors. Ten drawers. And painted inside the upper cabinets.

The results are here:





And I love my renewed spaces.  One of these days I'll have to do something about the countertops, but first I want to replace the vinyl and carpet with ceramic tile. 

No comments: