Thursday, October 16, 2008

The One Step at a Time Program

Currently in my house, I have a bedroom that has turned into a black hole. It's my son's former room and in preparation for the massive redo of the kitchen and the the den, a lot of stuff got dumped in there. Which means I have not been able to use this room for it's new purpose as a sewing/weaving/computer room, because I can barely get in the door. So, I've got a new goal. Not to get in there over a weekend and clean it all out, but to do just a little bit in there every day. So, far, I've done something productive in there the last two nights. It's not much, but at least I'm doing something about it and I'm not feeling overwhelmed by the sheer immensity of the job. 

The motivators to find a workable solution to the mess are: a) I've got my mother coming to stay the weekend before Thanksgiving, b) I've got to be able to get to the sewing machine so I can start on my daughter's graduation dress and c) last weekend when I was switching out the  summer stuff in the house for fall stuff, I found myself tossing things into my at college daughter's room and realized with horror that I was creating two 'junk' rooms in my house. 

We'll see how it goes. 

No comments: