Friday, January 15, 2010

Waiting for the Weekend to Start

I'm waiting for Larry to pick me up from work, so the weekend hasn't officially started yet. The crapvan is in the shop and I'm doing what I do best: fretting over what might be wrong with it and what it's going to cost. However, I am not going to let it stop us from our plans for tonight. We are heading over to Ikea to buy the laminate flooring for my studio. Ikea has a 10% off everything sale running this weekend. Since I'm heading to Austin tomorrow, this is our only chance to go and buy the flooring materials this weekend.

Once we get home, I hope to take another step closer on the studio renovation by getting a stereo system that's been stored in my studio room closet for the past few years out of that closet so Sara can take it with her to school. She's big into listening to music on vinyl and is as excited about having this stereo system in her house as I am about getting it out of my house. It's a win-win.

Anyway, it should be a good weekend between being getting things done at home on the studio, going to Austin and doing things with both daughters, then having a day off on Monday. I really need a 3-day weekend right now. And if I get all the Christmas stuff down finally, I'll really be happy.

No comments: