Sunday, March 14, 2010

Progess!

Despite the fact that the laminate floor elves failed to show up to finish the installation of the laminate flooring, Larry and I did finish it up yesterday. And it's beautiful. It was also a lot of hard work, hence our wish that elves would sneak into our home in the dead of night and finish the job for us. However, I'm pretty sure we would do this again, as long as we don't wait until we've gotten too much older. In fact, I'm eager to do the rest of the rooms in the house.

We still need to finish up installing the closet doors and the built-in shelves, but we've decided to wait on that until Mike is free to help us. There's a limit to our skill level. Today we're going to reinstall the venetian blinds and put up the new curtains I found at Ikea. I had planned to sew net curtains, but when I was at Ikea earlier this week, I found these wonderful net curtains, which were exactly what I wanted, for only $5.00. Yes, $5.00 total.

We're heading back to Ikea today to buy the shelving unit I want for the room. We will also be making a stop at Lowe's to get wood for the shelves and more white paint (so I can paint the shelves). So, more photos to come soon!

In the meantime, here's how the room currently looks:


No comments: