Sunday, September 12, 2010

Best Laid Plans and Why You Shouldn't Count on Them

The plan was that we would get up this morning and hightail it back to Houston, where we would get with a surgeon and get Larry's little gall bladder problem taken care of at home.

What happened was that we woke up this morning and he was running a fever. And our instructions were that if he started running a fever, he was to get to the closest emergency room pronto. So, we went back to Seton Northwest and were greeted by familiar faces, who weren't all that surprised to see us turn up again. 

Thankfully the surgery went well. They were able to do the less invasive laparoscopic procedure, which means Larry will probably be released from the hospital in the morning and I'm hoping he'll feel up to heading back to Houston on Wednesday. 

I have to admit that there were some advantages of doing the surgery here. Mainly that I had Larry's mom and sister keeping me company and giving me support during the operation.  For which I am profoundly grateful.

As for future plans, well for now I'm taking it day by day or even hour by hour. Sitting in a hospital for over 12 hours will do that to you.

No comments: