I have been extraordinarily grumpy lately. So much so that I warned my co-workers this morning that I was beyond cranky. I haven't actually gone berserk on anyone yet, but it may be time to come out of this phase. Or at least try.
So, I've decided to take a page from Julie Andrew's book. Or rather the guy who wrote the lyrics for My Favorite Things. And yes, I know. That song's about feeling better when you are afraid. But I figure listing some of my favorite things might work also for when I'm afraid I'm going to take out an innocent bystander.
1. Reading. I adore reading.
2. Glee. Listen people, there's a reason why movie musicals were so popular for so long. When faced with reality, who wouldn't want to escape into a world where it's okay to burst into song and you always sound good when you do so?
3. Chocolate. Preferably dark chocolate. Yum.
4. Wine. If it's a nice white with a fun well-designed label, even better. (Trust a graphic designer to pick wines based solely on the label design.)
5. Baking stuff from scratch.
6. Cooking for friends.
7. Our annual pumpkin carving party. Where I get to bake from scratch and cook for our friends.
8. Making things.
9. My children. Except when they are threatening me with future residence in a nursing home.
10. Snuggling in the wee hours of the morning when it's raining outside.
11. The commune aka our neighbors.
Hmmm. Maybe I need to just do some of these things.