Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ten Things

1. As of this morning, I was down 10 lbs. It's taken a month and it's not noticeable to anyone but me, but I'm thrilled that I weigh 10 lbs. less.

2. I HATE raking leaves and bagging them. I filled 11 bags with leaves this past weekend. It was what I had to do to be able to plant the flower beds in the back yard. And there are still 3 huge piles of leaves in the backyard and a flower bed that has yet to be cleaned out.

3. I have hopes of finally getting my house clean before Easter. But only if I can stop getting sidetracked by buying plants to fill the flower beds in the back yard.

4. I saw a utility room makeover that used a vintage chandelier for a light fixture and now I'm obsessed with replacing the light fixture in our utility room with something similar. It was just so fun and unexpected. And much better looking than a standard utilitarian light.

5. I hate bathing dogs, but love having clean dogs.

6. Unfortunately, I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay someone to bathe the dogs for me.

7. I have never eaten the ears off my children's chocolate Easter bunnies.

8. That's because I always bought dark chocolate for myself to eat at Easter. Who needs milk chocolate bunny ears when you have dark chocolate waiting in the secret stash?

9. I have managed to keep our kitchen clean for nine days. I don't know that I've ever gone that long keeping the kitchen tidy and free of dirty dishes on the counter. (In my defense, cleaning the kitchen after a 14 hour work day has never been a priority for me. Especially when I have several of those in a row.)

10.  I wish I had the kind of energy that I had last weekend all the time. I could get so much done.

No comments: