Monday, May 23, 2011

About Sara

In honor of my daughter Sara's graduation from college, I'm putting her in the spotlight once again.

She is a fiercely loyal, loving friend.

She loves tea. And coffee. And dark chocolate. And brussels sprouts.

And anything pink.

She is amazingly creative. She see the possibilities in things that others don't.

She loves to read and her taste in books is wide-ranging and much more interesting than mine.

She has an amazing inner moral code that she lives by. She stands by her beliefs and lives her life accordingly.

She loves animals. When we finally got our first dog shortly before one of her birthdays (after the kids had been begging us for years to get a dog), when it came time to blow out her candles, she stopped and exclaimed, "I don't know what to wish for now that we have a puppy!"

She truly doesn't care what you believe, who your parents or grandparents are, or how rich or poor you are. At the same time, if you are subject to acts of idiocy (like taking a baseball bat to her side rearview mirror on her car), watch out. I think it was a good thing the idiot who did that didn't hang around to claim credit.

While the sight of a spider might send her screaming for her dad to come dispatch the intruder, Sara is truly one of the most courageous people I know.

She sings like an angel. She doesn't like to sing solo or be the center of attention, but she does sing like an angel. And she loves music.

She doesn't give up on her dreams. Like living in Austin after college. Some of her dreams are still to be created, but I can't wait to see what she dreams next.

And then there is that off kilter sense of humor. Which is aimed at me a little too often, but then I've only myself to blame for encouraging her to develop it.

She encourages me to follow my dreams.

She is beautiful. Inside and out.

And I love her. Always have. Always will.

No comments: