Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Needle and thread time

I am currently in the throes of sewing my daughter's graduation dress. School requirements are that the dress be 'xerox paper white' (no cream, ivory, etc), and have at least, 2 inch straps (no strapless). Long or tea length. Emily and I came up with a design that she loves and I am working to make it turn out the ways she wants. Since there were no patterns that remotely resemble what we want, I found a vintage pattern that I thought would work as a guide. So far, it's going well. I got the lining basted together and tried that on her last night for fit. I am going  to have to take it in in the back, but it's coming together. So, a few more snips with the scissors and I will be able to move on to the satin. We are using a satin fabric, dull side out, with silk georgette over it. I'll post photos as we progress.

No comments: