Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

• The dress for Emily is progressing at a snail's pace. Yesterday I had to buy another yard of silk because the bodice isn't working. So, I'll have to cut out new pieces and try again. I came up with a solution in the wee hours of the morning as to what I need to do this time. I had really hoped to have the dress mostly assembled by now and it's still in pieces all over the house. 

• We are finally going to rip out the carpet in the den and the hall! I'm so excited about getting this done. The plan is to put ceramic tile in the utility room, kitchen, den and hallway. I am beyond ecstatic over never having to clean that carpet again. Wish I could rip the carpet out of the entire house, but that's not in the budget. I have the name of a contractor, who does good work and is reasonably priced and plan to call him today to come out and measure. The goal is to get this done by mid-May before Sara comes home from school. The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. Once I get him scheduled, I'm going to paint the hallway so that will be done before the new floor goes in. Yippee!

• And then there's work. But let's not go there...

No comments: